10 Awesome Things You Can Do To Change Your Mood and Create a Better Mindset for Success
This is my current list of things that I personally do to create a better mood, mindset and thought processes for a successful life. Try creating some new habits around these suggestions or start by just adding one to your daily routine.
1. Meditation. Take a moment of silence to clear your mind, relax your body and listen for answers in the quiet. Meditation is not complicated. You cannot do it wrong. It is about getting quiet and silent. You will always have thoughts during meditation, especially in the beginning. Just clear them away and return to focusing on your breath or perhaps focusing on a question or just a positive word. Let thoughts float by like clouds and if you start worrying or planning, tell yourself you’ll think of it another time. Even five minutes of meditation is worthwhile and will improve your life as well as your health.
2. Gratitude. Take a moment each day to write down things that you are grateful for. If you can’t write them, you could put them in your phone notes or just think about them. Take some time to feel grateful for the things that you have. Even if it’s just your own self worth. Maybe things aren’t going perfectly but you can be grateful anyway. Look at the glass half full. Most of us can be grateful for so many things. Our relationships. Our animals. Our house and food on our table. Our job perhaps. Our children. Make a gratitude list every single day. Appreciate the simple things. It will never hurt you.
3. Take time for enjoyment. Be sure to find the humor in things. Spend time laughing. Watch something funny. Hang out with someone who makes you laugh. Notice things that are enjoyable and focus on them. Laughter is definitely the best medicine.
4. Avoid comparison. Sometimes when you’re finding yourself feeling badly it can be due to comparing yourself to others. In a world where we’re always looking at other peoples lives and people are constantly posting pictures and stories about themselves that appear happy, exciting, or well-adjusted – remember that they are putting out what they want the world to see. Whatever happens with them has nothing to do with you. You are unique in the universe and that is a beautiful thing. You may not have what others have but you have what YOU have and that is important! So step away from comparing yourself to others and appreciate your beauty and uniqueness!
5. Stay off social media. Often times we can directly correlate our feelings of inadequacy or sadness to focusing on social media. This is similar to the last recommendation but specifically pertains to social media. Put down your phone several hours deliberately every single day and stay off the gram or Twitter or Facebook or Snapchat or whatever it is you find yourself doing way too much every day.
6. Stay in control. Remind yourself that you can control your own emotions by refocusing on things that make you happy. When we stay calm and regulate our emotions - we can see things more clearly and realize that our our reactions are within our control. Respond rather than react.
7. Focus on helping others. Often times when we become a little too introspective, we just need to turn our focus towards helping others. Whenever you help someone else, it creates a sense of well-being within yourself. Suddenly the whole world changes. It will give you a sense of purpose to be of service to others.
8. Surround yourself with positive people. When you find yourself around complainers and naysayers, They can have quite an effect on your mindset. Surround yourself with happy positive loving people as often as you can. If you can’t .... hang around yourself!
9. Play music. Sing loudly. Dance wildly. Enough said.
10. Read positive information. This one is one of my favorites because there’s nothing that works better on changing your mind then reading or listening to something positive or encouraging. There’s tons of information out there on YouTube and on the Internet in general. It can help you change your mindset and create a positive direction for your day or for your life.
That’s it! My top 10 list for improving your mindset! Write them down so when you feel low you can employ one of these techniques to bring you back to a positive state. Be sure and share this with someone you love.
To find out more about Ann Olsen Bode and Desert Star Dance go to www. desertstardance.com